top of page
  • Writer's pictureCalver Immigration Consulting Inc.

Canadian Experience Class Requirements | Express Entry 2021

Updated: May 5, 2021

More and more people are becoming eligible to apply for Permanent Residency as travel restrictions have kept some temporary residents in Canada longer than they anticipated. As a result, many skilled foreign workers now qualify to apply for PR through the Canadian Experience Class (Express Entry).

More importantly, IRCC is prioritizing in-Canada applications because candidates are already in the country. With an Express Entry quota of 108,500 for 2021, IRCC is making an effort to find options for temporary residents to stay in Canada permanently.

What is the Canadian Experience Class?

If you’re not familiar with the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), it’s a Permanent Residency program managed by the Express Entry system.

To qualify, you must have 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada. This experience can be in a position classified as NOC 0, A, or B.

You must also meet the language requirements (CLB 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs OR CLB 5 for NOC B jobs) and your work experience must have been gained in the last 3 years.

The Express Entry system is also a faster type of application than many other programs. The estimated processing time for this class is 6 months from the time your application is received. This means you could be granted PR status in less than a year from applying.

Should I apply for Permanent Residency Now?

IRCC recently held a draw for the CEC class and they invited 27,332 applicants with CRS scores as low as 75! This was an anomaly but represents IRCC’s efforts to prioritize the CEC candidates. If you’re considering applying, now is the time to create your profile. If you become a PR, you’re not required to become a Canadian citizen but the option is available to you after three years of residing in Canada as a PR.

How to apply for Permanent Residency

Express Entry is completely online; you don’t print paper forms for this category. Instead, you’ll create an online profile. You’ll be required to fill out your personal information and upload documents to the portal. It’s crucial that you fill out your profile honestly and fully.

If you require assistance in creating a profile, you can contact us. We specialize in the Express Entry system and have helped hundreds of clients become permanent residents.


Our Services

Calver and Associates is a leading provider of Canadian Immigration services in Durham Region. We serve clients in Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, and beyond. Our Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant has over 10 years of experience in Canadian Immigration law and over four years of experience serving those in the Oshawa area.

We can provide assistance with applications for both temporary and permanent residency in Canada. We handle applications for study permits, permanent residency, family class sponsorship, visitor visas, work permits, and Canadian citizenship. We also handle criminal inadmissibility cases by developing remedies for refusal.

78 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page