21 Simcoe St S Suite 110
Oshawa, ON, L1H 4G1


Canadian Immigration Services 



I'm ready to come to Canada. What should I do first?

All immigration law consultations include a comprehensive meeting with a Canadian Immigration Specialist who will provide an assessment of your case in addition to personalized legal advice. The consultation allows Ms. Calver to familiarize herself with your case and gain the background information required to offer advice and recommendations.

What is included in a consultation?

We offer consultations via Skype, Phone, or in-person (at one of our offices). Prior to your appointment, we will ask you to complete a copy of our Preliminary Assessment form, which will provide us with background information about you and your case.

During the consultation, you may ask Ms. Calver any questions you may have about your case and your Canadian immigration goals. She will then offer her advice and suggestions accordingly. After your appointment, Ms. Calver will follow up with you via email to summarize your meeting and offer her recommendations for next steps.

If you decide to retain Calver & Associates Canadian Immigration Services, we will gladly deduct the consultation fee from the overall cost of your application services.

*We also do not offer contingency retainers.

How do I book a consultation?

You can book a consultation using our online booking tool. Simply select the day and time that suits your schedule. We offer appointments in person, via telephone, and via Skype.

Alternatively, you may book an appointment via email by contacting Elise at admin@calverandassociates.com

How do I pay for my consultation?

For virtual appointments (via Skype or Phone), you may pay using our digital payment link. For in-house appointments, you may opt to use our digital payment link in advance of your meeting, or pay on the day of your consultation, in person.

Calver & Associates accept the following forms of payment for your convenience: VISA, MasterCard, PayPal, Interac debit payments, and electronic bank transfers.

Is it possible to have a quick call before I book a consultation?

Unfortunately, we cannot offer phone calls that are shorter in length because they simply do not allow us the opportunity to offer you appropriate, detailed advice. We cannot consult in a quick phone call of ten or fifteen minutes while continuing to offer you valuable advice.

What documents will I need to provide?

Depending on the program and category you choose to apply for, you will be required to supply different documents. At Calver & Associates, we will inform you of the documents you will need to submit and organize them to build your case. The usual documents required include birth certificates, passports, and national identity cards as well as documents proving your qualifications, such as diplomas, and language test scores. Generally, photocopies are accepted, but you will be notified if we need any original copies. Also, for documents not originally in English, official translations will be requested. More details on this can be found on official government immigration websites or you can contact Ms. Calver to learn more.

Our Services 

Can you help me find a job in Canada?

We can refer you to websites to search for employment, although assistance with finding a job is not one of the services we currently provide. If you are currently searching for work in Canada, visit our Work page and scroll down to "Find Work in Canada."

My current visa in Canada has expired. What should I do now?

According to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), you must renew, update, or change your immigration status with CIC at least 30 days before your current visa expires. We understand that there may be valid reasons that led to a situation where your visa has expired and you have not applied to renew it. In this situation, according to IRCC, you are required to leave Canada immediately as your current visa has expired. There are, however, several options available to you, which may allow you to restore your status in Canada. If you are in this situation, we would recommend scheduling a consultation as soon as possible.

How do I check the status of my application?

With our dedication to quality and efficient service, we are always able to provide you with the most recent information regarding your application. We make it a point to always keep you informed on any progress or changes and are always ready to assist you at every step in your application. If the status of your application changes, we will contact you as soon as possible.

What can a Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) do?

A Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant is authorized to give advice on issues pertaining to Canadian immigration. Some key attributes that differentiate an RCIC from a non-regulated consultant is that they are:

  • Accountable to ICCRC; complaints are taken seriously
  • Monitored by ICCRC; non-compliance is taken seriously
  • Supported by ICCRC to enhance the quality of services
  • Knowledgeable and informed on immigration law and the Canadian immigration system
  • Required to abide by stringent ethical and professional rules that are designed to protect consumers
  • Possess valid Errors and Omissions Insurance for enhanced consumer protection
  • Work with agents known to ICCRC
  • Required to provide evidence of good character prior to becoming regulated

Do you offer U.S. immigration services?

Yes. We have an American partner who we be happy to help you with your case.

I have a question that isn’t answered here. Who can I ask?

For inquiries about our services, please contact Elise at admin@calverandassociates.com