top of page
  • Writer's pictureCalver Immigration Consulting Inc.


Updated: Apr 20, 2020

The International Experience Class (IEC) allows young citizens (age 18-30 or 18-35, location dependent) the opportunity to travel and work in Canada for a period of 6 to 24 months. In order to participate, prospective candidates must reside in a country that has an agreement with Canada, which allows them to apply for an IEC work permit. Alternatively, candidates may use a recognized organization.

There are three streams of entry for candidates to select from depending on their country of origin. These streams include:


The Working Holiday stream allows you to fund your vacation with temporary work in Canada. This stream is ideal for those who don’t have a job offer, want to work for more than one Canadian employer and want to work in a variety of locations.


The Young Professional stream is ideal for those individuals who have a job offer from a Canadian employer for a position that contributes to their professional development. Candidates in this stream must work for the same employer for the duration of their stay in Canada. This work must be a paid position. It is important to note that self-employment is not an eligible form of work under this stream.


This stream is for those individuals who aim to gain overseas work experience in a position that relates to their field of study. In other words, the internship must be directly linked to your field of study and be classified as a National Occupational Classification Code Skill Type 0, A, or B. Further, the internship must be a requirement for the completion of a post-secondary degree. As such, in order to be eligible, candidates must be registered as a student at a post-secondary institution and have a job offer for a work placement or internship in Canada. Candidates must also work for the same employer for the duration of their stay in Canada.


  • Australia

  • Austria

  • Belgium

  • Chile

  • Costa Rica

  • Croatia

  • Czech Republic

  • Denmark

  • Estonia

  • France

  • Germany

  • Greece

  • Hong Kong

  • Ireland

  • Italy

  • Japan

  • Latvia

  • Lithuania

  • Luxembourg

  • Mexico

  • Netherlands

  • New Zealand

  • Norway

  • Poland

  • Portugal

  • San Marino

  • Slovakia

  • Slovenia

  • South Korea

  • Spain

  • Sweden

  • Switzerland

  • Taiwan

  • Ukraine

  • United Kingdom


Our Services

Calver and Associates is a leading provider of Canadian Immigration services in Durham Region. We serve clients in Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, and beyond. Our Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant has over 10 years of experience in Canadian Immigration law and over four years of experience serving those in the Oshawa area.

We can provide assistance with applications for both temporary and permanent residency in Canada. We handle applications for study permits, permanent residency, family class sponsorship, visitor visas, work permits, and Canadian citizenship. We also handle criminal inadmissibility cases by developing remedies for refusal.

20 views0 comments


bottom of page