top of page
  • Writer's pictureCalver Immigration Consulting Inc.

How to Find Work in Canada | 2021

Updated: Dec 31, 2020

Foreign nationals who want to work in Canada must obtain a Work Permit. The work permit outlines the type of work the individual can perform, the employer they can work for, where they will work, and how long they can work in Canada.

So, where should you begin? We often refer our clients to job search websites to help them find work in Canada. Once you have a job offer from a Canadian employer, you are ready to begin the work permit process. There are various programs available in Canada for those wishing to work. Some programs include the:

  • Canadian Experience Class

  • Federal Skilled Worker Program

  • Federal Skilled Trades Class

  • Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program

  • International Experience Canada Class

  • Live-in Caregiver Program

  • Temporary Work Permit

  • Post-Graduate Work Permit

  • And more!

There are many helpful websites that are available to you as a job seeker. Those who do not need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) are able to come to Canada and attend interviews with prospective employers. Click the links below to visit some popular job boards.

Find Work in Canada

Find Tech Jobs in Canada

Find Hospitality Jobs in Canada

Find Caregiving Jobs in Canada

Find Work in Canada as a Recent Graduate

Find Jobs in Ontario

Other helpful resources:

  • - Calver & Associates partners with a Canadian job board and recruitment agency. This Canadian based site offers tailored assistance to those seeking employment in Canada.

  • - Information on salaries, interview feedback from people who previously interviewed for the position you may be looking at, employer ratings, and more.

  • - Examples of job-specific resumes to help you create the perfect resume.

Our Services

Calver and Associates is a leading provider of Canadian Immigration services in Durham Region. We serve clients in Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, and beyond. Our Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant has over 10 years of experience in Canadian Immigration law and over four years of experience serving those in the Oshawa area.

We can provide assistance with applications for both temporary and permanent residency in Canada. We handle applications for study permits, permanent residency, family class sponsorship, visitor visas, work permits, and Canadian citizenship. We also handle criminal inadmissibility cases by developing remedies for refusal.

965 views1 comment
bottom of page