top of page
  • Writer's pictureCalver Immigration Consulting Inc.

Express Entry English Test

Express Entry Language Test

You must schedule your test with an agency approved by IRCC and pay the costs. Next, you should enter the test results into your Express Entry profile (and the Personal Information Number, if required). You should also include the results with your application if you are invited to apply. If you don’t include it, IRCC will not process your application.

Express Entry Approved Language Tests

To apply for Permanent Residency through Express Entry, you must prove your language skills by taking an approved language test.

Language tests are not held by IRCC, rather you must take an approved test by a third-party.

The language tests accepted by IRCC include:

English CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program

You must take the CELPIP-General test IELTS: International English Language Testing System

You must take the General test


TEF: Test d’evaluation de francais (accepted if taken before March 1, 2020)

TCF: Test de connaissance du francais (accepted if taken on or after March 1, 2020)


Express Entry Language Test Requirements

The approved language tests evaluate writing, speaking, reading, and listening skills. The minimum level for all four abilities for each program is:

The Federal Skilled Worker Program: CLB 7 or NCLC 7

Canadian Experience Class:

NOC 0 or A: CLB 7 or NCLC 7

NOC B: CLB 5 or NCLC 5

Federal Skilled Trades Program:

→ English

Speaking and listening: CLB 5

Reading and writing: CLB 4


Speaking and listening: NCLC 5

Reading and writing: NCLC 4


Express Entry Canada English Score

When you receive your results from IELTS, CELPIP, TEF, or TCF, you will need to determine your language level in Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) or Niveaux de competence linguistique canadiens (NCLC).

Your test results must be valid (less than two years old) when you complete your Express Entry profile and apply for permanent residence.


Our Services

Calver and Associates is a leading provider of Canadian Immigration services in Durham Region. We serve clients in Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, and beyond. Our Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant has over 10 years of experience in Canadian Immigration law and over four years of experience serving those in the Oshawa area.

We can provide assistance with applications for both temporary and permanent residency in Canada. We handle applications for study permits, permanent residency, family class sponsorship, visitor visas, work permits, and Canadian citizenship. We also handle criminal inadmissibility cases by developing remedies for refusal.

116 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page