top of page
  • Writer's pictureCalver Immigration Consulting Inc.


Updated: May 6, 2020

One of the most common inquiries we receive from new clients interested in filing a family class sponsorship application is: Who can I sponsor?

Oftentimes, when people call, they indicate that they want to sponsor a family member such as a niece, a nephew, a spouse, an aunt, or an uncle. Unfortunately, family members must fall within specific categories of family sponsorship in Canada in order to be considered eligible.

The three main categories of eligible family members include:

  • Spouses, Common-law partners, and Conjugal partners

  • Parents and Grandparents

  • Other Relatives (an orphaned relative or “lonely Canadian”)


Our Services

Calver and Associates is a leading provider of Canadian Immigration services in Durham Region. We serve clients in Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, and beyond. Our Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant has over 10 years of experience in Canadian Immigration law and over four years of experience serving those in the Oshawa area.

We can provide assistance with applications for both temporary and permanent residency in Canada. We handle applications for study permits, permanent residency, family class sponsorship, visitor visas, work permits, and Canadian citizenship. We also handle criminal inadmissibility cases by developing remedies for refusal.

34 views1 comment

1 Comment

Mutesi Angel
Mutesi Angel
Feb 17, 2021

Can I please get a sponsor to sponsor me in my studies in tourism and hospitality?

bottom of page