The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is one of Canada’s most popular immigration pathways, offering various streams to skilled workers, international graduates, and entrepreneurs. In this blog, we will focus on the OINP job offer streams, shedding light on the eligibility criteria, benefits, and application process.
Understanding the OINP Job Offer Streams
The OINP job offer streams are designed to attract foreign workers with job offers in Ontario. These streams facilitate the immigration process for both employers and employees, ensuring that qualified individuals can contribute their skills to the province's workforce. There are two primary job offer streams under the OINP:
1. Foreign Worker Stream:
The Foreign Worker Stream is intended for individuals who have a valid job offer from an Ontario employer, employers need to be large enough (3-5 employees) and have a minimum revenue of $500K to $ 1 million CAD depending on location in Ontario.
To be eligible, the job offer must be full-time, permanent, and in an eligible occupation classified under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code, this must be a TEER 0, 1, 2, or 3 TEER job
The job offer wage must be paid at the median wage for that occupation for that location.
2. International Student Stream:
The International Student Stream is designed for international graduates who have completed their studies in Ontario and have a job offer in the province, graduates have to have studied a 2-year program, with some exceptions for 1-year programs completed in Ontario.
Applicants have to submit within two years of graduating from their program in Ontario.
To qualify, the job offer must be in a skilled TEER code (0, 1, 2, or 3) and be located in Ontario.
The low wage must be paid to the worker for the occupation in which they are working.
Like the Foreign Worker Stream, employers must have enough revenue and employees to meet the requirements.
Benefits of the OINP Job Offer Streams
1. Alternative to Express Entry: The OINP job offer streams provide an alternative to the Express Entry streams which are quite high with their points requirements as the Comprehensive Ranking System increases.
2. Enhanced Job Security: With a valid job offer in hand, applicants have a sense of job security, as they already have employment waiting for them in Ontario.
3. Access to a work permit: the nomination certificate allows applicants to extend their temporary worker status in Canada while they await a decision on their Federal application.
4. Permanent Residency for the whole family: You can include the entire family on the application including spouse or common-law partner and your children.
Application Process for the OINP job offer streams
The application process for the OINP job offer streams can be summarized in the following steps:
1. Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the OINP: the OINP now operates on a points-based system, and applicants must first submit their profile to the OINP.
2. Submit an application to the OINP: If the OINP invites you to apply, then you only have 14 calendar days to submit to the province. This is a tight and strict deadline which must be respected.
3. Secure a nomination: Once you’ve been nominated (processing for the OINP is about 3-4 months), you can then apply for Federal Permanent Residency.
4. Extend your temporary status: If your temporary permits will expires, you can extend permits for you and your family members which allows you to keep working while you await a decision on your application.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) job offer streams are a valuable pathway for skilled workers and international graduates or workers seeking to establish themselves in Ontario, Canada. By securing a job offer with an employer in Ontario, applicants can achieve their dream of becoming permanent residents in this vibrant and welcoming province.
At Calver Immigration Consulting Inc., we have decades of experience in preparing Provincial Nominee applications including OINP applications. To book a call with one of our experts, please visit our website at calverimmigrationservices.com.
Calver Immigration Consulting Inc. is rated Canada's number one boutique immigration consultancy. We serve clients across Canada and internationally. Our Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant has over 10 years of experience in Canadian Immigration law serving those in Canada and abroad.
We can assist with applications for both temporary and permanent residency in Canada. We handle applications for study permits, permanent residency, family class sponsorship, visitor visas, work permits, and Canadian citizenship. We also handle criminal inadmissibility cases by developing remedies for refusal.
Moving To Canada - 2023's Guide to Life in Canada.
I’ve written this guide to help you with the big-picture planning, detailing everything you need to know and do before, during and after this amazing process. This is more information than any other consultant is willing to share upfront at such a low rate!