Oshawa Office

Calver and Associates

Immigration Services

71 Albert St., Suite 6, Oshawa

ON L1H 4R1

  • Facebook - Black Circle
  • LinkedIn - Black Circle
  • Instagram - Black Circle
  • YouTube - Black Circle
  • Pinterest - Black Circle

Cobourg Office

Calver and Associates

Immigration Services

278 George St., Cobourg

ON K9A 3L8

Direct Line: 289-677-0108


Appointments available: Monday to Friday 10:00am - 6:00pm

  • Calver & Associates

I am sponsoring my spouse or partner who is in Canada. Can they work while their application is bein

Updated: Aug 28, 2019

Yes, but only if your spouse or partner has a work permit.

If your spouse applied, or wants to apply, under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada class, he or she can apply for an open work permit.

Remember that while your spouse or partner’s permanent residence application is being processed, he or she must:

  1. Maintain legal status as a visitor, student or worker in Canada, and

  2. Wait for their work permit application to be approved before starting to work.

For help with your spousal sponsorship permanent residency application, call Calver & Associates today at 289-677-0108 ext.101 or email us at jade@calverandassociates.com. Our offices are conveniently located in downtown Oshawa, Ontario, Peterborough, Ontario and Cobourg, Ontario. We offer flexible hours to help you get the support you need.