21 Simcoe St S Suite 110
Oshawa, ON, L1H 4G1


Canadian Immigration Services 

Interview with an Australian Expat | International Experience Canada


Interview with an Australian Expat | International Experience Canada

Jade Calver

Coming to Canada from Australia on a Working Holiday Visa

The International Experience Canada (IEC) program is designed to provide young adults with the opportunity to travel and work in Canada. There are three pools of entry available through IEC, which include the Working Holiday, Young Professionals, and International Co-op.

Many of our clients who show interest in the IEC program want to know exactly what to expect. We often receive questions from interested candidates who want to know how to apply, what the application process is like, what they should do first when they come to Canada, and how to find work once they arrive.

Kelly Makhoul is a blogger and communications professional who came to Canada from Australia via the IEC program. Kelly sat down with us to discuss her experience and answer some of our most frequently asked questions about the International Experience Canada program.

Some of the questions Kelly answers include:

  • How did you decide to apply to the IEC program?

  • What was the application process like?

  • What did you do first when you came to Canada?

  • How did you find work in Canada and what type of work did you perform?


About Kelly

Kelly has been living in the Greater Toronto Area since 2012 and enjoys writing blog posts for her website, An Aussie in Toronto. Kelly initially came to Toronto on a Working Holiday Visa and she is now in the process of applying for Canadian Citizenship. To learn more about her experience as an Australian expat in Toronto, visit her blog. You can also follow her on Facebook and Instagram.

Blog Post.png

Our Services

Calver and Associates is a leading provider of Canadian Immigration services in Durham Region. We serve clients in Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, and beyond. Our Registered Canadian Immigration Consultant has over 10 years of experience in Canadian Immigration law and over four years of experience serving those in the Oshawa area. 

We can provide assistance with applications for both temporary and permanent residency in Canada. We handle applications for study permits, permanent residency, family class sponsorship, visitor visas, work permits, and Canadian citizenship. We also handle criminal inadmissibility cases by developing remedies for refusal. 

Contact our Oshawa office today!

71 Albert St. Suite 6
Oshawa, ON
L1H 4R1