21 Simcoe St S Suite 110
Oshawa, ON, L1H 4G1


Canadian Immigration Services 

Medical Exams

Certain foreign nationals are required to undergo medical exams before coming to Canada either as a temporary visitor, or to settle permanently. 

Medical Exams for Visitors

  • For 6 months or less: generally you do not require a medical exam, unless you intend to work in certain occupations, such as those in the health care industry. 
  • If you plan to stay for more than six months: 
    • have lived temporarily for six or more consecutive months
      • in one or more of the countries identified by Immigration Canada
      • in the one year immediately before the date you want to enter Canada. (This applies even if you are a citizen of a country that does not need a visa to enter Canada.) or
    • will come to Canada to work in an occupation in which public health must be protected. See below for jobs for which you need a medical exam.
    • apply for a Parent and Grandparent Supervisa.

Medical Exam for Permanent Residents

  • If you apply for Permanent Residency, you must undergo a medical exam. 


Who can perform the Medical Exam for me?
Doctors who can perform these medical exams are called panel physicians, Immigration Canada provides a list per country of the doctors available to perform these exams, you can find the list by clicking here

It can be difficult to know whether a medical exam is required, especially when coming to Canada temporarily as a visitor, worker, or student, contact us today at 289-677-0108 (Toll-Free 1-855-206-0337) or at jade@calverandassociates.com to let us help you understand your medical exam requirements.